April 08, 2004

I went to have lunch with Mel and Joyce yesterday. It was soo nice to see them and knowing that they are still very much sane and civil towards each other. No, hang on, I think they are getting more physical, hitting and pinching each other... isit? Hmm... Things are looking better after I left. I knew it, that was no company for a witch. Hey, girls, stay chirpy and I'd see ya all again soon (urgh, the Co lunch today right? damn 'sincere', the way Derek asked me to join. Joker!)

Oh ya, girls, under the illusion (thanks to Mel, cos your bank got the money earlier than mine) that my pay has been credited to my dieting bank account, I bought a skirt from Southhaven and a bag from Xcessories yesterday. I think I'm under the influence of you both shopping queens. Tsktsk...

Then, I met up with Adeline for some tea, with which came a free dessert-of-the-day i.e. choco truffle... damn sinful, esp since I just finished a cup of ice-cream before meeting her. And we had a good chat about many things...

Love & dating...11
We always say in a loving and healthy relationship, there must be give and take. And that's about it. 'Say'. More often than not, we do not do it, or we don't do it enough.

In this, actually, I only learnt from a rather poignant conversation with Mel some time ago. She was complaining about how her bf sorta pissed her off. She sounded so pissed that I wondered why she didn't just tell the bf off. Then, she turned all understanding and told me that it's cos she knows there are certain things about her that her bf has to put up with too.

I always thought I know what's give and take all about. But, it was only when I heard it from Mel that I realised the most important thing about give and take is not giving your attention and love in reciprocation of being showered with attention and love. It's when you are super pissed with the other person and starts wondering if it was stone or bronze age he came from, then you step back and remind yourself that he probably had similar thoughts about you too. It's to catch yourself when you start to think 'If only he's more....' or 'why is he not...' and remember that it's also 'If only I am more...' or 'why am I not...'

Sometimes we learn too late about the essense of this. But, still, to be late is less sorry than to never.

Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 13:52